Weapons (Tinkers' Construct)
Weapons from Tinkers' Construct are similar to Vanilla weapons. Major differences include:
- weapons do not disappear when they break
- broken weapons can be fixed completely for less of a material cost than building a new one
- certain Materials add traits to the weapons to make it faster or more durable
- weapons can be "enchanted" simply by adding other materials to them after creation
- Broadsword - Requires a sword blade, wide guard and tool rod.
- Longsword - Requires a sword blade, hand guard and tool rod.
- Rapier - Requires a sword blade, crossbar and tool rod.
- Shortbow - Requires two tool rods and a bowstring (bowstring must be made of either String or Enchanted Fabric).
- Arrow - One Arrow head, tool rod, and fletching makes four arrows (Fletching must be made of Feathers, Slime, or Leaves).
- Battlesign - Requires one board and one tool rod.
- Frying Pan - Requires a pan and tool rod. Can also be used as a cooking tool.
Advanced weapons need to be built in a Tool Forge, but can be fixed or upgraded in a Tool Station.
- Hammer - Deals extra damage to undead. Parts needed include a hammer head, two large plates, and tough tool rod
- Scythe - Reaps a 3x3 section of crops and attacks enemies in a 3x3 section. Parts needed include a Scythe head, tough binding, and two tough tool rods
- Cleaver - Beheads enemies. Parts needed include a large blade, large plate, and two tough tool rods
- Battleaxe - Sends enemies flying backward. Parts needed include two broad axe heads, a tough binding, and a tough tool rod
Note: In addition to the documented weapons, there is a secret weapon called the Cutlass which is crafted like a broadsword, but with a Full Guard handle instead of a wide guard handle. The Full Guard handle stencil can only be found in village pattern chests.
When constructing weapons, the following formula calculates the total durability:
DurabilityTotal = BladeDur x HandleMod
Durability can also be improved with modifiers, such as Diamond, Emerald, and Reinforced
Example: Stone Blade (131), Stone Handle (x0.5), Any type of crossbar/guard. 131 x 0.5 = 65.5 ≈ 65
- Broadsword has an attack of 2
- Longsword has an attack of 2
- Rapier has an attack of .5
- Dagger has an attack of .5
- Cleaver has an attack of 2
The Base Attack of the Blade is added to this number to determine the weapon's Attack. So for example, a Wooden Blade has 0 base attack, so a dagger with a wooden blade would deal .5 damage; a broadsword with a Manyullyn blade would deal 4 damage. Attack can be further improved through modifiers.
You may also consider using a cactus tool part (such as the Crossbar/Guard) for the Jagged modifier, which deals more damage as the tool has lower durability.
- Blade: Manyullyn
- Crossbar/Guard: Obsidian
- Handle: Manyullyn
- Blade: Manyullyn
- Crossbar: Anything*
- Handle: Anything*
- Actual material does not modify damage multiplier. Only durability modifier with handle and material property (such as Jagged, from cactus) on crossbar/handle.
The BEST weapon always depends on what it is intended for, and is subject to discrimination. Each player likes something a little different.